HighGold Mining Inc. (TSX-V:HIGH) is pleased to announce that the company commences trading today on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol TSX-V:HIGH. HighGold also wishes to provide details on a 2,000-metre drill program currently underway at the company’s flagship Johnson Tract gold project, Southcentral Alaska.
HighGold is a new gold focused exploration company, highlighted by:
- A very strong shareholder roster that includes mining entrepreneur Rob McEwen, a senior North American gold producer, Sprott Group in the US, mining financier John Tognetti, and Electrum, a New York-based private equity fund
- An exceptional portfolio of high-grade gold assets located in Alaska, USA and Timmins, Ontario, Canada, two of the most stable mining jurisdictions in the world
- A senior management team that brings a wealth of experience and proven track records of success, including Darwin Green, president & CEO, Ian Cunningham-Dunlop, VP exploration, Aris Morfopoulos, CFO, and Naomi Nemeth, VP investor relations
- An independent Board of Directors composed of highly respected mining industry veterans, including Michael Cinnamond, Sr. VP Finance & CFO of B2Gold, Michael Gray, an experienced mining analyst, and Lance Miller PhD, VP Natural resources for NANA an Alaska Native Regional Corporation
- A strong treasury with an initial public raise of C$7.65 million and seed capital of C$200,000 provided largely by the new management team.
“We are extremely pleased to begin trading on the TSX Venture Exchange and would like to thank all those who demonstrated their support in HighGold’s board & management team and exceptional exploration assets by providing our initial working capital,” commented HighGold president & CEO, Darwin Green. “This is an exciting time to be launching a new gold exploration company that focuses specifically on high grade mineralization as the energy returns to the gold industry. We intend to complete the current drill program on the Johnson project in the next few weeks and to be reporting assay results over the next two months. The information gained will be used to produce a NI43-101 compliant mineral resource estimate to be completed in the first quarter of 2020.“Following the close of the Alaska field season at Johnson, we plan to become active with our gold projects in the greater Timmins gold camp, Ontario that includes the Munro-Croesus, Golden Perimeter and Golden Mile projects. While the historic Croesus Mine last produced in the 1930s, it yielded some of the highest- grade gold mined to date in Ontario and warrants systematic modern exploration. We anticipate HighGold’s news flow will be continuous well into 2020 and our investor marketing program will include reaching out to current and potential investors in Canada, the United States and Europe over the next eight months. Our mandate at HighGold Mining is to be a top tier gold exploration company that creates substantial value for shareholders while maintaining a high bar for environmentally and socially responsible exploration.”