Colomac Highlight: Hole C20-07 returned 3.00 g/t Au over 32.7 m
Treasure Island Highlight: T20-09 returned 207.18 g/t Au over 5.5 m (uncut), including 2,260 g/t Au over 0.5 m
Nighthawk Gold Corp. (TSX:NHK)(OTCQX:MIMZF) is pleased to report the remaining results from its 2020 exploration program on the Colomac Deposit and the Treasure Island Zone, within its 100 per cent owned Indin Lake Gold Property (930km2 land package), located in the Northwest Territories of Canada.
Assay results from the remaining drill holes completed at Colomac (10 holes for 6,433 metre), and Treasure Island (three holes for 1,186 metres), have been received and returned significant results at both locations.
“We are pleased to report on the remaining 2020 drill results at Colomac and Treasure Island. Treasure Island encountered high-grade results, where hole T20-09 returned 207.18 g/t Au over 5.5 metres, including a single assay of 2,260 g/t Au over 0.5 metres,” said Richard Roy, VP exploration. “Consistent higher grade at Treasure Island remains to be demonstrated by drilling. With these recent Treasure Island results now in hand, all results to date will be compiled, analysed, and modeled in order to establish its potential to add higher-grade mineralization to the global resource base. The Colomac results illustrate the potential for resource growth at depth, however drilling in 2021 will focus on further delineation of near-surface mineralization in an effort to increase the in-pit resources. The potential at depth on Colomac remains very significant, but quality near surface targets remain untested at Colomac and will be prioritized in 2021.”
- Hole C20-07C was completed at Zone 3.5 and returned 3.00 grams per tonne gold (“g/t“, “Au“) over 32.7 metres (“m“), supporting the continuity of the higher-grade mineralization previously obtained at depth.
- Holes C20-14 and C20-17(17B) tested Zone 2.5 at depth. Although no extensively wide intervals were obtained, hole C20-17, did return a high-grade interval of 12.36 g/t Au over 4.3 m (26.08 g/t Au uncut) including a 0.5 m sample assaying 218.00 g/t Au.
- Holes C20-15(15B), C20-16, C20-18(18B), and C20-20 were drilled on Zone 1.5 testing the depth extension of the mineralization. Significant intervals were obtained, particularly in holes C20-18B, which returned 1.67 g/t Au Au over 61 m (1.72 g/t Au uncut), and C20-20 returned 2.44 g/t Au over 30.25 m. These results demonstrate that Zone 1.5 remains wide and well mineralized at depth, adding to the resource potential within this zone.
- Holes C20-19, tested Zone 2.0 and returned a wide intersection of 1.03 g/t Au over 64.1 m, including 2.88 g/t Au over 7.5 m at. Drilling at Zone 2.0 continues to encounter both extensive widths and higher-grade intervals within the mineralization.
- The remaining three holes completed at Treasure Island (Main Zone), returned significant higher grade gold mineralization at depth, including:
- Hole T20-07 (Figure 8) returned 5.62 g/t Au over 3.3 m;
- Hole T20-09 (Figure 9) returned 4.65 g/t Au over 2.05 m, and 207.18 g/t Au over 5.5 m (uncut), including a single assay result of 2,260.00 g/t Au over 0.5 m; and
- Hole T20-10 (Figure 10) returned 37.59 g/t Au over 2.35 m (uncut) including a single sample of 0.5 m which assayed 80.75 g/t Au.
Note: Assay results for Colomac are cut at 50 g/t Au as per parameters identified within the 2021 Mineral Resource Estimate. No cutting is applied to Treasure Island holes. Lengths are reported as core lengths. True widths vary depending on drill hole dip.